Athabasca Hotel, 510 Patricia Street
For over 20 years, O’Shea’s has offered generous portions of traditional Canadian cuisine, with some international twists, from Certified Angus Beef, fresh seafood and other quality ingredients. At this locals’ favourite restaurant, fresh pasta is made daily and sauces are housemade from scratch. Daily lunch specials and dinner features; daily lounge happy hour 4 to 7 pm.
This Old World-style restaurant inside one of Jasper’s vintage hotels features comfy booths and window-side tables, antiques, old fashioned street lamps and framed photos of historic Jasper. The cappuccino bar at the entrance offers high table and counter seating, while O’Shea’s Lounge adjacent to the restaurant has a huge stone fireplace, Jasper’s only VLTs and sports on huge LED TVs.
Breakfast and Lunch
- Eggs Benedict: Classic: back bacon, poached eggs hollandaise; Eggs Athabasca: cream cheese, mushrooms, poached eggs, hollandaise; Eggs Phoenix: avocado, sour cream, salsa, poached eggs, hollandaise; Eggs Jasper: spinach, pine nuts, raisins, poached eggs, hollandaise
- O’Shea’s Omelette: three egg omelette with choice of 2 additions from Monterey jack, cheddar, Swiss, ham, bacon, back bacon, Italian sausage, red and green peppers, green onions, mushrooms, comes with hashbrowns and toast; Mexican Omelette: cajun sausage, jalapeños, red and green peppers, tomato, onion, cheddar, topped with sour cream and salsa
- Breakfast Skillet: layer of hashbrowns, choice of bacon, ham, Italian sausage, turkey sausage, mushrooms, green onions, peppers or tomato, topped with two eggs any style and cheddar
- Continental Breakfast; Breakfast Sundae; Hot Oatmeal; Pancakes; Waffles; French Toast; Bacon and Egger
- Burgers: Atha-B Half Pounder: 8 oz certified angus beef patty, kaiser bun, mayo, lettuce, tomato, red onion; Turkey Burger Báhn Mì: Vietnamese pickled vegetables, cilantro, sriracha mayo; Veggie Burger; Buffalo Burger; Chicken Burger
- Sandwiches: Montreal Smoked Meat; Traditional or Vegetarian Clubhouse; BLT; Egg Salad Sandwich; Rocky Mountain High: shaved ham, rye bread, melted Swiss cheese, grilled pineapple ring, dijon mustard
- Appetizers: Dill Scallops; Bruschetta; Tequila Lime Prawns; Blooming Onion; Skillet of Mushrooms; Jasper High Altitude Wings; Popcorn Shrimp; Dry Ribs; Poutine
- Salads: Caesar: homemade dressing, add chicken or salmon; Chef’s Salad: fresh greens, tomato, cucumber, ham, turkey, cheese, boiled egg, with choice of dressing; Spinach Salad: sundried cranberry, roasted apple, red onion, bacon, candied walnuts, goat cheese, bacon balsamic vinaigrette; Greek Salad
- Pub Fare: Chicken Strips; Fish and Chips; Steak Sandwich; Liver and Onions
- Fresh Prime Rib: Friday and Saturday in winter
- Steaks: 6 oz AAA Alberta Beef Tenderloin; 10 oz Certified Angus Beef New York Striploin
- Honey Chipotle Ribs; Pork Rack Chop: 10 oz bone-in loin chop, grilled and glazed in chipotle honey BBQ sauce
- Chicken Scaloppini; Atlantic Salmon
- Vegetarian, Chicken or Prawn Stirfry: stir-fried with fresh vegetables, sesame oil and citrus teriyaki, served with jasmine rice
- Mediterranean Chicken Penne: grilled chicken, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and green onion with fresh basil pesto, asiago and feta cheese
- Spaghetti Carbonara: bacon, onion, garlic, cream, egg and asiago cheese
- Pizza: Pepperoni and Mushroom; Mexican: spicy sausage, jalapeño, black olives, tomato, peppers; Atha-B Combo: pepperoni, mushroom, tomato, black olives, peppers, pineapple; Hawaiian; Design Your Own Pizza
Monday: Happy Hour 4 to 7 pm: in the lounge. Daily lunch specials for $12.95 + tax, 11:30 am to 2:30 pm.. Happy Hour 4 to 7 pm: in the lounge.
Tuesday: Happy Hour 4 to 7 pm: in the lounge. Daily lunch specials for $12.95 + tax, 11:30 am to 2:30 pm.. Happy Hour 4 to 7 pm: in the lounge.
Wednesday: Happy Hour 4 to 7 pm: in the lounge. Daily lunch specials for $12.95 + tax, 11:30 am to 2:30 pm.. Happy Hour 4 to 7 pm: in the lounge.
Thursday: Daily lunch specials for $12.95 + tax, 11:30 am to 2:30 pm.. Happy Hour 4 to 7 pm: in the lounge. Happy Hour 4 to 7 pm: in the lounge.
Friday: Daily lunch specials for $12.95 + tax, 11:30 am to 2:30 pm.
Prime rib dinner: $32-$36. Happy Hour 4 pm until 8 pm in the lounge.. Happy Hour 4 to 8 pm: in the lounge.
Saturday: Prime rib dinner: $32-$36. Happy Hour 4 to 7 pm: in the lounge. Happy Hour 4 to 7 pm: in the lounge.
Sunday: Happy Hour 4 to 7 pm: in the lounge.
Mains: day menu $7 to $26; evening menu $14 to $37; breakfast $7 to $15
Drinks: wines $20 to $40, 15 choices; $5.25 to $5.75 by the glass, six choices; eight draught beers on tap (the coldest in town, from sub-zero taps)
Summer hours: 7 am until 11 pm
Winter hours: 7 am until 10 pm.
Breakfast to 11:30 am Monday to Friday; to 2 pm weekends and holidays
Related Blog Posts
Fuel Up with Jasper’s Best Breakfast at O’Shea’s
April 7, 2017
One of Jasper’s Best Beef Dips at O’Shea’s
February 15, 2016